The first Class C Climax locomotive built. This 50 ton, three-truck locomotive was built on special order in 1897 for the 3 foot gauge Colorado & Northwestern Railway and operated west out of Boulder, Colorado, into the mountains. In 1899, the locomotive was sold to the Pacific Contract Company of Skagway, Alaska, becoming their No. 8. It was used in the construction of the White Pass & Yukon Railway. After completion of the line, the WP&Y purchased the locomotive in 1901 and in 1903 sold it to the Maytown Lumber Company of Rochester and Maytown, Washington.